It’s supposed to be even hotter today, so I am planning ahead. I am making scones in the oven at 8am (before the house warms up). These scones should cover our breakfasts and snacks for the next couple of days. And, I’m making the pork loin in the crockpot, cause that doesn’t seem to warm up the house at all. I guess I need to think about making one large side item before it gets hot, but we may just eat salads.
- coffee with 2 TB creamer
- Blueberry scones with lemon glaze (made with almond flour, coconut palm sugar) Recipe on my pinterest. I added my own glaze made of half squeezed lemon and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Yes, I know I shouldn’t probably eat powdered sugar on my diabetic diet, but I figured I would only get a teaspoon of it on each scone, so it would probably be ok.
- Spaghetti squash casserole (i couldn’t wait til dinner to eat it.)
- 1/2 bacon tomato sandwich with low carb bread and mayo
- Blueberry scone
- 1 cup popcorn at the movies
- Asian Pork Loin (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/02/asian-peanut-butter-pork-crockpot.html) I left out some of the ingredients, especially the brown sugar.
- Salad with tomato and cucumber, low carb caesar vinegarette
- Spaghetti squash n Cheese casserole
Spaghetti squash Casserole Recipe-
- Poke holes in spaghetti squash and cook in microwave for 2-5 minutes. Cook until you can cut in half with your knife.
- Clean out seeds then rub olive oil on the squash and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Use a fork to pull out squash into a bowl. Immediately mix with 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.
- Warm 1 cup heavy cream on stove top. Once warm, add cheese mixture to thicken
- Invest in good cheeses to really make the dish. I put in parmesan, sharp cheddar, and vermont cheddar mix.
- You may need to add a pinch of corn starch to help mixture thicken.
- Once melted, add 1TB of coarse mustard and 1 tsp of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour cheesy mixture in with the squash and put in a casserole dish. (I added 4 slices of cooked chopped bacon to the mix)
- Put shredded cheeses and bread crumbs of choice on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- 1 TB peanut butter, 1 tsp honey, 1 TB gluten free rice krispies, 1 TB dark chocolate
- 1 frozen smoothie popsicle