Yesterday I went to a local Farmer’s Market and bought some local meats and veggies. I have NEVER purchased locally grown meat, but I’m excited about it. I got 1 lb of chicken, 2 ribeyes, and a dozen eggs. I also bought peaches, corn on the cob, zuccini, and blackberries. I know there are some suggestions that a diabetic should not eat fruit or things like corn, but since I have not been technically diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I feel like healthy food is anything God made, in moderation. I have noticed a big difference in my life by cutting out the processed sugars.
When I went to the gym today, I weighed myself and I had lost 2 pounds since last week. I have also heard that when you are pregnant you should not lose weight, but I didn’t mean to. I’m just eating healthy and excercising and I feel my body is balancing itself. It’s ok to lose fat filled with sugar off my thighs, as long as my baby is still growing and healthy. I feel like she has been getting the best from me this week and I want to continue to feed my body and my baby this way until she is born and beyond.
- Pancakes- Mix 2 ounces of cream cheese with 2 eggs, add a pinch of vanilla and cinnamon. Fry in a pan like a pancake.
- coffee with 2 TB of sweet cream
Gym: Walked 1.5 miles
- 1 cup tomato bisque soup
- 1/8 of a roasted chicken
- 1 cup of onion straws
- Healthy chocolate mousse- (www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com)
- 1 small banana, 1 TB peanut butter, 1 TB honey, 5 tiny chocolate chips
- Hamburger steak
- grilled tomato, spinach, and garlic
- cheddar cheese
- grilled corn on the cob
- 2 grilled mushroom caps
- half grilled red pepper
- Healthy chocolate mousse again. Why not?