I didn’t grow up eating eggs and bacon for breakfast. I ate sugary cereal and poptarts on the run. I crave sugar in the morning and before bed the most. I would never choose eggs for breakfast if there was any other choice, but apparently it is the best breakfast for a diabetic. So, I have been researching recipes and trying to learn how to cook the eggs without burning them or breaking them. Today, I made the BEST scrambled eggs I’ve ever tasted.
Favorite Scrambled Eggs:
Mix 2 eggs with 1/8 cup of skim milk, add paprika, oregano, tobasco sauce, and salt and pepper
Butter the frying pan and let it get hot
Pour the egg mixture in the pan and let it sit before turning it
As the eggs begin to firm up, add shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrambled eggs with Cheese
- 1 low carb French toast with a 1/2 TB of Agave
- 2 large strawberries
- coffee with 1TB of sweet cream
- 1 piece of low carb bread
- pork loin
- 1/2 TB of mayo
- carrots & hummus
- 2 graham crackers
I got super moody and angry this afternoon. I felt like I was going to pass out while walking around the grocery store. I don’t know what was going on, but after dinner, I began to feel normal again. Sitting on the couch and relaxing probably helped. I spent most of the day cleaning floors, doing laundry, running errands, and chasing a 2 year old. All of those objectives while pregnant and trying to diet makes a moody girl. I’ve been dealing with mood swings pretty bad for the past 2 days.
- Outback steak
- Chopped blue cheese salad (dressing on the side and barely touched)
- 1/4 loaded baked potato
- 4 coconut shrimp
- 2 tiny bites of the pumpernickel bread with butter
Confession: I think I made decent choices at Outback, but the coconut shrimp probably should have been grilled shrimp. oops.
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com) Let a can of coconut milk sit open in the fridge overnight. Add 1/4 dark chocolate powder and 1TB of xylitol. Blend til thick. Yum!