I woke up at 5:30 am and I was soooo hungry. After only half of a day of the gestational diabetes diet, I feel so empty. I got up at 6am and had a snack, then went back to bed.
Early morning snack:
- low carb bread & peanut butter
- 1 egg fried in canola spray
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1 small peach
- 1 cup of coffee with 1TB of sweet cream (can’t help it. gotta have it)
Walked 1 mile at the gym
- pine nuts
- chicken salad, with mayo, grapes, pecans, and cinnamon
- carrots soaked in lemon and sea salt
- 15 multi grain crackers
- tortilla chips and salsa
- sweet potato fries
- grilled cabbage
- frozen banana, peanut butter, & cocoa powder
Before bed, I decided to eat a small bowl of cereal, with half the milk. I was hoping that it would help me sleep better than I did the night before. It was a healthy cereal. In fact, it had less sugar and carbs in it than the milk. Isn’t that weird?
I was miserable and hungry all day. I had a hard time excercising and eventually took a 2 hour nap. However, dinner turned my world around. The steak finally helped me feel full. The banana was frozen and blended in the blender, so that it tasted a little like ice cream. It was just the sugar kick I needed.